Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

Marriage Licenses and Blood Tests in Arizona

If you want to get married in the state of Arizona, you'll have to get a marriage license first. Here's what you need to know and what documents to bring with you before you apply for a marriage license in the Grand Canyon state.

You and your future spouse both have to appear at the County Clerk's Office. You'll both need a valid form of identification, your social security numbers, and the application fee of $50. You must come in person---these forms can't be processed by mail. There isn't a waiting period to get the marriage license. Once it's in your hand, you can get hitched the same day.

If either person was previously married, he or she may have to show certified documents on how previous marriage ended such as divorce, annulment, or death.

Also, you don't have to have a physical examination or get a blood test to receive a marriage license in Arizona.

The following table highlights the main provisions of Arizona marriage license and blood test laws. See Marriage Laws Overview, prenuptial agreements, Tips for Marriage, and Marriage FAQs for more information

Code Section M.G.L. Chapter 207 et. seq
Where to Obtain a License County Clerk's Office
Age Requirements

Both parties must be at least 18 years of age. If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must have the notarized consent of your parents or legal guardian. If you are under 16, you must have the notarized consent of your parents or legal guardian as well as a court order.

Residency Requirement


Identification Requirements

Valid driver's license or state-issued identification, or passport

Same Sex Marriage No
Blood Test Requirement


Fees Varies by county, but usually around $76.
How Long is the License Valid? One (1) year from the date of issuance.
Who Can Preside Over the Ceremony? Licensed or ordained ministers, clergymen, or pastors of recognized religious societies
Prior Marriage? If you've been married before, you may need to present your divorce decree or annulment papers to the clerk's office.
Waiting Period None
Witnesses Two (2)
Where to Order Copies of Marriage/Divorce Decree Arizona Department of Health Services, Vital Records Department

Because marriage laws can sometimes get complicated, it may also be a good idea to consult an experienced family law attorney if you have questions about your specific situation.

Next Steps: Search for a Local Attorney

Contact a qualified attorney.

Find a Lawyer

More Options